Monday, September 21, 2009

Leaps and Bounds

We've been so busy coordinating new colorways and products that our blog has been very quiet. However, that doesn't mean our blankets haven't gotten attention.

My blanket turned 100 last week. I was so proud! I marked the occasion by using yarn that was very special to me. Also, I added my first big square. The funny thing about this milestone is that 100 square is exciting, but then you realize it's just 100 squares and there are so many more to go. Then, you go back to the feeling of amazement. Wasn't it just yesterday that I made the decision to embark on this journey?

Yes, journey. I feel like this project is a journey. The hours of work that have been put into this blanket have been many hours of deep soul searching on many parts of my life. Many hours of fun conversations and laughs. Many hours of memories. In the end, it will be a physical record of one point-in-time of my life.

When I first started, I would joke about its alternate uses. Coaster, laptop cover, shawl. I could practically put it down on most anything to photography it without a problme. Now the best place I've found is the floor or my sofa.

At the end of the day, I am in awe of how it has grown . . . . kind of how our life changes and grows. . . by leaps and bounds.

Hope your blankets are progressing nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment