Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ivan turned 50 today

Well, it is a bit of a milestone. I finally completed 50 squares. I decided, or rather committed to a width. 17 squares across is how wide my blanket will be. I didn't really want a bed covering, but rather something 2 people (one adult, one smaller person) could snuggle under. It always seems someone wants to be under my blanket.

I choose our favorite blanket and have been using that as a size guide. 16 squares wide was the same as the favorite blanket, but then I noticed that Shelley Kang's blanket was 17 squares. I pondered this for like 2 weeks, and finally decided to go the follower route and add the extra square. I think this will add about 20 or 30 extra squares to the whole finished project, and heaven forbid I not do it right.

Some day I will learn how to take a picture of the blanket and get it all in one frame. Some day my blanket will be longer than 3 rows. But for now, it is 3 pictures to get the whole of it!

Left side:

There is Tadpole Knits kit yarn in this section. But more importantly, this section has Fire (dyed by M), Pony (dyed by H) and S Lost a Tooth (dyed by S). My kids loved dying yarn and it was so much fun to knit their artwork into my blanket.


Middle Section:

Nothing very notable in this section, but it does contain my very first squares.


Right Section:

There is some squares made from Tadpole Knits kits in this section too.


Does anyone else feel that this blanket is sort of like a blog in yarn? Every square has a story, every section reminds me of what was going on when I knit it. I started this blanket when I was in a very bad point in my life, and it is a reminder of how much better things have gotten for us. I am looking forward to what other stories this blanket will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment